Enrolling for Springtime classes, next session beginning in April, 2019!
When asked to describe some of the students who have enrolled in recent classes, our “Easy French, Step-by-step” teacher, Judy Glenn responds with some subtle hints…enticing you to start your own guessing game in the next cafe-conversation peut-etre? Did you know each student who enrolls in an AF de Tulsa class qualifies as a student member to AF de Tulsa? Have you met these new members already? Refer someone to take a class as it’s an easy way to become familiar with our local Alliance.
Recent students have been:
- a retiree of an airline who first used French in a math classroom in Vietnam and who wishes to renew his skills to rekindle conversations with friends in France;
- an attorney of the health department who works alongside native French speakers from Sierra Leone and who avidly loves learning languages;
- a cop who wishes to pass a French proficiency exam, so he will more confident in his application to Foreign Service;
- a young teacher who has a French boyfriend in France and who wishes to learn more about the language;
- a fashion, style blogger whose writing has achieved a reach beyond 30,000+;
- a traveler whose mother used to speak French to her sometimes during her childhood…planning to see Austria, Switzerland and France soon and plans to use the language, herself;
- a retired professor and a retired internal revenue employee who take classes together as a couple for enjoyment;
- a spouse of a French company employee who lives here for a few years before retiring to their home in Provence someday;
- a few university students who wish to build their vocabulary and study the culture off campus;
- someone who recently moved to Tulsa and who loves trying new coffee shops in one-to-one tutoring to learn the area while studying French in honor of her French heritage, preparing to meet extended French family members she’s found through genealogy;
- a couple middle school age students who wish to improve their studies outside of the school classroom.
It is not an all-inclusive list; however, it is certainly a good sampling of the interests and age-range that l’Alliance attracts. The newcomers to Tulsa have each said that signing up for French has been a good way to get to know local Tulsa surroundings and make francophile friends who share their same interests.