Fall classes begin September 29th!
The Alliance Française de Tulsa offers small, intimate, relaxed lessons, emphasizing rapid immersion in French.
- To register for classes beginning in the Fall, you must first become a member of AF de Tulsa by joining online here (paid once per year).
- Next, choose your class and pay that tuition by clicking that payment button for a separate transaction (Select a choice, below).
For example, if you are joining as an individual, you would pay $40 and the $200 tuition. If you are joining as a family, you would pay $50 and the $200 tuition for each student. To inquire about upcoming classes, contact firstname.lastname@example.org
Intermediate/Advanced Conversation – A lively, intimate group reading and discussing culture, arts, society and global current events in French, using authentic French materials. A casual, stress-free way to improve your fluency and ease in conversation. Instructor: Nan Melton
- When: Wednesdays, two-hours, 7:00-9:00pm, weekly for eight (8) sessions;
- Fall Session begins Sep 29th
- Where: Join our online Zoom class by registering to receive your invitation
Pay for: Intermediate/Advanced Conversation
French for Travelers/Beginning French – Planning a trip to France—or dreaming of one? Come gain essential survival skills and build your confidence to travel more comfortably! This class focuses on conversational French as well as etiquette and insight into culture. We’ll learn phrases you can use for dining out, shopping, sightseeing, getting around, asking questions, meeting people and more, in a relaxed and friendly atmosphere. Grammar concepts are presented as tools to expand your horizons and go beyond just “phrasebook French.”
- When: Thursdays, two-hours, 7:00-9:00pm, weekly for eight (8) sessions;
- Fall Session begins Sep 30th
- Choose this payment button to register for this virtual class and to receive an invitation to the Zoom.
Pay for: French for Travelers
Individualized French Lessons – AF also offers personal lessons in French, purchased by the hour, with a minimum of 4 hours at $35/hour. Nan Melton is the teacher, and together you will arrange a convenient time to meet on-line or in-person. If you are interested in private lessons please send mail to email@example.com
Pay for: Individual French Lessons
- Nan Melton received her B.A. in French (Honors) from Rockhurst University, and worked for French multinational companies for many years. She has hosted summer interns from TOTAL and enjoys her French family. She has several years of experience teaching for the Alliance Française de Tulsa, and has also taught for the Alliance Française de Kansas City, where she was also a Board member, and worked for the International Visitors Council. She has taught English as a Second Language.
- Rachael Stockenberger is a classically trained vocalist, teacher and Pilates instructor with over 19 years experience in speaking and singing the French language. She fell in love with the language and culture during her middle school French class and continued to pursue that passion through extensive travel and total immersion programs in France. She received her B.A. in Music from Oral Roberts University in 2007 and enjoys incorporating traditional and contemporary music into her teaching to assist students with pronunciation.