Our local partner, Tulsa Botanic Garden is having a weekend (Fri-Sat) event on April 13-14, 2018 that will be focusing on French cuisine.
- Their fundraising dinner is Friday, April 13 and will be totally focused on modern French bistro – chef Amelie Darvas (Hai Kai) will be coming from Paris. (Tickets are $1500)
The Symposium at Botanical will be on Saturday, April 14 and includes 3 speakers and a Tasting focused on French cuisine.
– Enlightened Gardening with Carolin Young – How Two 17th-Century French Gardens Changed Western Cuisine
– Botanical Politics with Julia Abramson, PhD – The Effect of French Emigres on the Foodways of America
– A Sculpted Walk In the Garden with Christopher Curtis (His sculpture exhibit will be on display here through Aug. 26)
The Symposium ends with The Tasting – A guided journey through French artisanal cheeses, honeys, olives, charcuterie and hard ciders with David Robinson (cheese buyer) for Formaggio Kitchen (Boston).
- The Bazaar will also be going on Saturday, April 14 and will be in the style of a French street market. Admission prices are FREE for Garden members; $8 for ages 13+; $4 for ages 3–12. Children 2 and under are free. Only service dogs are permitted, except for specifically designated dog events.
For map/directions, click here. For more information, call 918-289-0330.